Calling all entrepreneurial spirits, this one’s for you. We’re here to support the small businesses, startups, and side hustles. That’s why we’ve come up with 5 ways to step into your power and level up your side hustle. Life is too short not to pursue your passions.
- Learn From Mentors
Always evolving involves continuously learning. Podcasts and books offer access to some of the most knowledgeable experts in every field. For the entrepreneurial business woman here are a few of our rec’s:
- Goal Digger (podcast) – Host Jenna Kutcher talks productivity hacks, social media strategies, business hacks, and inspirational stories.
- Twelfth House (podcast) – Brings intuitive topics to business, life and everything in between.
- Work Party (podcast) – Where the creative and entrepreneurial women celebrate each other’s success.
- Think Like a Monk (book) by Jay Shetty
- Emotional Entrepreneur (book) by Scout Sobel
If you want to dive deeper, connect with the Ethereal Book Club to join the conversation!
- Set Goals
Every successful business has clearly defined goals, and your side hustle should too. Goal setting can seem intimidating, but we’ve broken it down into best practices that will help you bring your vision to life.
- Journaling – If you’re a writer, a traditional journal is perfect for jotting down to do lists, and daily tasks that set you on the right trajectory towards your bigger goals. Every day focus on one thing that you can do to improve. If writing isn’t your thing, we suggest trying out Notion, a digital tool for note taking, task management, and brain dumps.
- Vision Board – Bringing your ideas to life starts with a vision. Creating a vision board is the first step to turning that vision into reality.
- Digital Altars – Founder and CEO Michelle Pellizzon hosts the Holisitism course “Digital Altars”
- Build Confidence
Confidence comes from self care practices that make you feel good and set you up for success. The way you show up for other people is by filling your own cup first.
- Morning and night routines – Develop a morning routine that you can stick to and that makes you feel good. Starting off the day with positive vibes creates the space for a beautiful day. A night routine is just as important. Take a hot shower, light a candle, do your skincare routine, and read before bed. Trust us, it will transform your life.
- Workout – Working out is our favorite way to release stress and realign. Whether it be a yoga class, a high intensity workout, or a long walk in nature, do something that empowers you and feels right in your body.
- Optimize Your Time
Your side hustle needs to be nourished. With a tight schedule, prioritizing your side hustle may seem difficult, but that is where time management comes in, and we’ve got the tools for you.
- Google Calendar – Google calendar is our go to when it comes to scheduling. Get organized by color coding your calendar according to personal items, work related events, appointments, ect.
- Click Up – Whether your side hustle is a one-woman job, or if you are managing a team, Click Up allows all of your tasks to live in one place.
- Develop Your Brand
Finding your identity as an entrepreneur and as a brand is essential for launching a side hustle into a full-time job. Follow these steps to building your brand.
- Define your customer – Build a customer persona. What is his/her income? Where does he/she live? Ask the important questions.
- Create content – Pinterest, Instagram, and Tik Tok are great resources when it comes to finding inspiration for content.
- Build your following – Be active and engage with your audience on social media.